The Virtual Power Plant! ICAP Patent Brokerage Announces for Sale an Important Strategic Patent Portfolio that Deals with Key Aspects of the Smart Grid and Coordinated Distributed Power Generation
* This is a system and method for operating a distributed power generation system comprising one or more Local Production Units (LPPUs).
* These units may consist of any number of local power generating units such as fuel cells, wind and gas turbines, solar and the like.
* The disclosed technology includes a method of receiving and storing real time, previously stored or forwarded data, related to the operation of local power production units.
* The method allows communication with entities that purchase power to sell excess generating capacity through a data communications pathway, such as using the Internet to make offers or accept bids.
* Aggregation of fuel purchases allows for better pricing and scheduling of emergency maintenance, and represents a cost savings to the user.
* Note: Continuing applications in the portfolio have priority dates to 2001 and include claims to clean energy credit trading which are calculable and provide significant additional portfolio value.
* It has particularly relevant application where there are local power generating units such as fuel cells, wind and gas turbines, solar generation and other green energy sources.
* As the number of LPPUs increases, aggregation and distribution of energy generated by these entities will become a growing concern and a growing opportunity.
|Mazzarella, Joseph_PS Press Release_Final.pdf||26.4 KB|